Appointments Current Affairs January 2015
- Krishna Chaudhary was appointed as the Director General of ITBP
- Hanumanthu Purushotham appointed as CMD of National Research and Development Corporation.
- Shekhar Sen was appointed as Chairman of Sangeet Natak Akademi
- Steve Easterbrook was appointed as CEO of McDonald’s Corporation.
- S Jaishankar was appointed as the Foreign Secretary of India
- K Durga Prasad appointed as the Special DG of CRPF
- UN Secretary–General appointed Saraswathy Menon in peace-building panel.
- Filmmaker Pahlaj Nihalani appointed as Chairman of Censor Board of India.
- Stephen Constantine appointed as head coach of India’s men football team.
- Deep Kumar Upadhyay appointed as Nepal’s ambassador to India.
- Anupam Shrivastava took over as CMD of BSNL.
- Hari Shankar Brahma appointed as the New Chief Election Commissioner.
- Baba Ramdev appointed as state brand ambassador of Haryana Government.
- Arvind Panagariya took charge as Vice-Chairman of NITI Aayog.
- Alur Seelin Kiran Kumar appointed as Chairman of ISRO.
- Sindhushree Khullar appointed as the Chief Executive Officer of NITI Aayog.
- A.K. Mittal appointed as Chairman of Railway Board
- M Sathiyavathy appointed as Director General of Civil Aviation.
- R K Srivastava took over as Chairman of AAI
- Dr. K Radhakrishnan retired as ISRO chief.
- DRDO Chairman Avinash Chander was sacked by Union government .
- Chief Election Commissioner V.S. Sampath retired from his office.
- A P Singh resigned from the post of member of Union Public Service Commission.
- Leela Samson resigned as Chairperson of Central Board of Film Certification.