Products from Amazon.in
Price: Out of stock
Price: INR 550.00Was: INR 600.00
Price: INR 300.00Was: INR 350.00
Price: INR 325.00Was: INR 360.00
Price: INR 248.00Was: INR 275.00
Price: Out of stock
Price: INR 225.00Was: INR 240.00
Himachal Pradesh Current Affairs 2019 – Part 3
For HPAS 2019 and other HP Govt exams
Himachal Pradesh Current Affairs are useful for Himachal Pradesh State Exams like HPPSC HPAS, HPSSSB, Allied Services, Naib tehsildar, Drug Inspector, HP TET, Tehsil Welfare Officer, Himachal Patwari, HP Govt Teacher, KCC Bank, Himachal Cooperative bank and other exams
Himachal’s Dr. Jagat Ram honoured with Padma Shree 2019
- Dr. Jagat Ram is the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGI), Chandigarh Director.
- Prof Jagat Ram who has served in the hospital for over 39 years, is being conferred the award in Medicine (Ophthalmology).
- Hailing from a Rajgarh in Sirmaur district in Himachal, he did his MBBS degree from Indira Gandhi Medical College, Shimla in 1978 and his MS in Ophthalmology from PGI.
Indian Team Captain Ajay Thakur Conferred With Padma Shri Award
Indian Kabaddi Team Captain Ajay Thakur is felicitated with the prestigious and fourth highest civilian Padma Shri award.
He is the first male Kabaddi player to get Padma Shri award. Before Ajay Thakur Women’s Kabaddi player Sunil Dabas has got this award in 2014.
This is his biggest achievement for his contribution to Indian Kabaddi. Before this many Men Kabaddi players have been awarded the Arjuna Award.
But Ajay Thakur is the first Men’s Kabaddi player who will receive Padma Shri award.
Born on 1st May 1986, Ajay Thakur hails from a small village named Dabhota, of Nalagarh tehsil, Solan district of Himachal Pradesh
Padma Shri Award for Shimla’s Dr. Omesh Kumar Bharti
- Field epidemiologist Omesh Kumar Bharti from Himachal Pradesh, whose path-breaking research in rabies brought down the cost of treatment for dog bites globally, has been conferred the Padma Shri.
- A native of Kangra, Dr Bharti completed his MBBS from IGMC and is presently serving in Shimla, Himachal under the department of Health and Family Welfare as field epidemiologist.
Anurag Thakur awarded Sansad Ratna Award
- Bhartiya Janta Party’s Lok Sabha Member from Hamirpur in Himachal Pradesh, Anurag Thakur was presented the Sansad Ratna Award for his performance as a parliamentarian.
- The award was presented to Thakur by the Tamil Nadu Governor Banwarilal Purohit in Chennai.
- With the win he became the first MP from the BJP, besides being the only Member of Parliament from north India, to have been awarded the Jury Committee Special Award.
- The Sansad Ratna Awards was set up with the purpose of celebrating the performers of Indian Parliamentarians in 2010 upon the suggestion of former President A.P.J. Abdul Kalam.
- Sansad Ratna Award is a private award established in 2010 by the Prime Point Foundation and e-magazine PreSense to honour “top performing” Members of the Indian Parliament.
- Bhartruhari Mahtab, N. K. Premachandran, Anurag Thakur, Nishikant Dubey, Supriya Sule, Shrirang Barne, Rajiv Satav, Dhananjay Mahadik, Dr Heena Gavit, were honoured with Sansad Ratna Awards for their outstanding performance in 16th Lok Sabha.
- Rajni Patil and Rapolu Ananda Bhaskar were honoured with Sansad Ratna Awards under Rajya Sabha category.
- Dr Veerappa Moily, Chairman of Finance Committee received the Award on behalf of Finance Committee, which was selected as the outstanding committee under Parliamentary Standing Committee category
Shimla, Manali Among Six Towns To Get Air Connectivity In UDAN Scheme’s Second Phase
- Six towns of the state have been included in the Udan-II air connectivity scheme by the Central Government.
- The six towns that are set to get air connectivity in this phase are Baddi, Shimla, Rampur, Nathpa Jhakri, Kanganidhar and Manali.
- UDAN (Ude Desh ka Aam Nagrik) is a regional airport development and air connectivity scheme initiated by the government of India to make flying affordable for common people of the country.
- Under this scheme, regional under-served airports will be connected to key airports of the country. The cost of the flight tickets has been set at Rs 2,500 per hour of the flight. The government, in turn, provides subsidy to the airlines to provide flight services at this cost.With Airport Authority of India to develop the infrastructure of the airports, air connectivity to these cities will give a huge boost to tourism in Himachal.
Nishtha Jaswal appointed as the Vice-Chancellor of Himachal Law University
- Himachal Pradesh High Court Chief Justice, Surya Kant has appointed Prof Nishtha Jaswal as the Vice Chancellor of Himachal Pradesh National Law University.
- Ms Jaswal who is the professor of Law at Punjab University, Chandigarh is appointed as VC of Himachal Pradesh National Law University, Shimla at Ghandal for a period of 5 yrs.
- She is the first lady Vice Chancellor selected from Panjab University and 1st Husband and Wife VC , as her husband is the VC of NLU, Patiala.
Himachal Pradesh adjudged as the 8th Best state Economy-wise in India Today’s State of the States 2018 Rankings
- Top 3 economies: Maharashtra, Gujarat, Karnataka
- Last year, HP was ranked on 5th place in Economy parameter.
- On Education parameter, HP ranked first.
- On Agriculture parameter, HP ranked 14th.
- On Health parameter, HP ranked 3rd.
- On Infrastructure parameter, HP ranked 6th.
- On Tourism parameter, HP ranked last (20th). it ranked 2nd in Tourism in 2017 rankings.
- On Environment parameter, HP ranked 2nd.
- On Cleanliness parameter, HP ranked 5th.
- On Law and Order parameter, HP ranked 10th
ADB, India Sign $105 Million Loan to Support Hydropower Transmission in Himachal Pradesh
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the Government of India today signed a $105 million loan to continue financing the transmission system upgrades in Himachal Pradesh for increased supply of hydropower to the state and the national grid.
- The tranche 3 loan is part of the $350 million multitranche financing facility (MFF) for Himachal Pradesh Clean Energy Transmission Investment Program approved by ADB in September 2011.
- The program is aimed at developing and expanding the transmission network to evacuate clean and renewable power generated from the state’s hydropower sources to load centers within and outside the state.
- It is also supporting the institutional capacity development of the state transmission utility, Himachal Pradesh Power Transmission Corporation Limited (HPPTCL), as the executing agency for this project.
Sikander Kumar is the new VC of HPU
- He is the 26th Vice-chancellor of HPU.
- Hailing from Hamirpur district of Himachal Pradesh, Sikander kumar’s name was approved by the search committee.
Sushma Devi is the first-beneficiary of Ayushman Yojna in Himachal-Pradesh
- Sushma Devi, a resident of Rajgarh in Sirmaur district.
- Himachal Governor Acharya Devvrat and Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur on Sunday had jointly launched the ‘Ayushman Bharat – Pradhan Mantri Jan Aarogya Yojana’ in the state on 23rd Sep 2018.
- The scheme was launched at the national level by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Ranchi in Jharkhand.
- The scheme will benefit 22 lakh people in the hill state. A total of 175 hospitals in Himachal have been registered under the scheme.
- Apart from 1800 different diseases, day care surgery has also been covered under the Scheme.
- The state is also implementing the Mukhiya Mantri State Healthcare Scheme, under which over 1.05 lakh families have been covered
Share the ‘Himachal Pradesh (HP) Current Affairs 2019 – Part 3’ with your friends.
You can also Download HP GK on Android App. Click Here to Download Current Affairs Quiz Android App
Post your Queries/Suggestions/Corrections below.