Himachal Pradesh Current Affairs 2018 -Part 1
For HPAS 2019 and other HP Govt exams
Himachal Pradesh(HP) Current Affairs are useful for Himachal Pradesh State Exams like HPPSC HPAS, HPSSSB, Allied Services, Naib tehsildar, Drug Inspector, HP TET, Tehsil Welfare Officer, Himachal Patwari, HP Govt Teacher, KCC Bank, Himachal Cooperative bank and other exams
Himachal Pradesh topped the Sustainable Development Goals index 2018
- On 21st Dec 2018, the NITI Aayog published a first-of-its-kind Sustainable Development Goals index for Indian states.
- As per the SDG Index, Himachal Pradesh, Kerala, and Tamil Nadu have been ranked on top 3 positions and are on track to meet the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDG).
- The states of Kerala and Himachal Pradesh have been called as the front-runners in the SDG Index. Both the state topped the ranking with a score of 69.
- Chandigarh got the score of 68 and has been declared as the front runner in the SDG Index among the Union Territories.
- Tamil Nadu scored 66 points in the rankings.
- Bottom 3 states in the Sustainable Development Goals index 2018: Assam, Bihar and Uttar Pradesh.
Himachal Pradesh becomes the first Indian state to launch a single emergency number
- The single emergency number will connect to police, fire, health and other helplines through an Emergency Response Centre (ERC) in the state.
- ‘112’ is the single emergency number.
- It was launched by Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh under the Emergency Response Support System (ERSS).
- The state has established an ERC in Shimla along with 12 District Command Centres (DCCs) covering the entire state for this purpose.’
- The Emergency Response Centre (ERC) has been integrated with police (100), fire (101), health (108) and women helpline (1090) services to provide emergency services via single emergency number 112.
- The Justice Verma Committee in 2018 had suggested for the implementation of the ‘Emergency Response Support System’ (ERSS) across India.
Himachal Pradesh among best performing states under PMMVY
- Andhra Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh have been declared as the best performing states under maternity benefit programme PMMVY.
- On December 21, 2018, the Ministry of Women and Child Development published the report on the performance of states and UTs under the maternity benefit programme named Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana.
- As per the report, 51.70 lakh beneficiaries are covered annually under the PMMVY.
Union government and ADB signed $105 Million Loan to Support Hydropower Transmission in Himachal Pradesh
- On November 16, 2018, the Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the Union Government signed a $105 million loan to continue financing the transmission system upgrades in Himachal Pradesh.
- This was the tranche 3 loan of the $350 million multi-tranche financing facility (MFF) under the Himachal Pradesh Clean Energy Transmission Investment Program which was approved in September 2011 by Asian Development Bank (ADB)
- This loan would help in increased supply of hydropower to the state and the national grid and supports the institutional capacity development of the state transmission utility.
- Executing agency: Himachal Pradesh Power Transmission Corporation Limited (HPPTCL).
- The credit will have a 25-year term, including a grace period of 5 years.
Justice Surya Kant has become the new Chief Justice of Himachal Pradesh High Court
- Justice Surya Kant was appointed as the Chief Justice of Himachal Pradesh High Court on 3rd October 2018.
- Justice Surya Kant was a judge in the Punjab and Haryana High Court.
- Note: The post of Chief Justice in HP High Court was lying vacant since April 2017.
26th Conference of Central and State Statistical Organization (COCSSO) held at Dharamshala
- 26th Conference of Central and States Statistical Organizations was held at Dharamshala in Himachal Pradesh on November 15, 2018.
- The conference was organized by Union Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation took place for 2 days on 15th and 16th November.
- Theme: “Quality Assurance in Official Statistics”.
- It was inaugurated by Union Minister Vijay Goel along with Himachal Pradesh food, civil supplies and consumer affair minister Kishan Kapoor.
HP cabinet allots the 780 MW Jangi-Thopan-Powari Hydro Electric Project to SJVN
- Jangi-Thopan-Powari Hydro Electric Project is in Kinnaur district over Satluj river.
- The project was allotted to Brakel in 2006, but it was cancelled in 2009, as the company had failed to pay the upfront premium.
- Reliance had sought the project on the ground that it was the second highest bidder after Brakel.
- Also, the capacity of the project has been reduced to 780 MW from 960 MW
Himachal cabinet decides to launch ‘Swasthya Mein Sahbhagita Yojna’
- Under this scheme, 25 per cent capital subsidy up to investment of Rs 1 crore in building, machinery and equipment will be provided to any individual, firm, company, trust or society to establish a private allopathic hospital in the prescribed area as per established standards.
- Also, under the scheme, 5 per cent interest subsidy would be given for three years on maximum loan of Rs 75 lakh.
- It seeks to ensure improved access and affordability of quality healthcare services in rural areas of Himachal Pradesh
All India Police Science Congress held In Shimla
- All India Police Science Congress was held in Shimla on 22nd March 2018 for 2 days.
- It was organised by the Himachal Pradesh Police Department and The Bureau of Police Research and Development.
- It was the 42nd edition of the conference.
- It was inaugurated by Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur.
Himachal Pradesh cabinet approves setting up of medicinal plant board centre
- On 5th March, 2018, HP government approved the setting up of a regional- cum-facilitation centre of the National Medicinal Plants Board of the Ministry of Ayush.
- This centre will be set up in Jogindernagar town in Mandi district of Himachal Pradesh.
- A budget of Rs. 748.30 lakh has been allocated for setting up this centre, wherein the central government would provide a grant of Rs 149.60 lakh.
Share the ‘Himachal Pradesh (HP) Current Affairs 2018 – Part 1’ with your friends.
You can also Download HP GK on Android App. Click Here to Download Current Affairs Quiz Android App
Post your Queries/Suggestions/Corrections below.