Himachal Pradesh Current Affairs 2018 – Part 2
For HPAS 2019 and other HP Govt exams
Himachal Pradesh(HP) Current Affairs are useful for Himachal Pradesh State Exams like HPPSC HPAS, HPSSSB, Allied Services, Naib tehsildar, Drug Inspector, HP TET, Tehsil Welfare Officer, Himachal Patwari, HP Govt Teacher, KCC Bank, Himachal Cooperative bank and other exams
20-million-year-old tree fossil discovered in Kasauli
- Recently in Solan district of Himachal Pradesh, 20 million years old tree fossil was discovered.
- A 20-million-year-old fossil tree, which is 55-foot in length was discovered in Kasauli.
- This is the longest preserved fossil tree trunk found in the Himalayas till date.
- In 1988, a 15-foot fossil tree was found in Jagjitnagar of Solan district.
Shimla ranks 144 in Swachhata Survekshan 2018 rankings
- Indore in Madhya Pradesh has been declared the cleanest city in India. Madhya Pradesh’s capital Bhopal ranked as India’s second cleanest city for two years in a row. Chandigarh is the third cleanest city.
- Ghaziabad in Uttar Pradesh found a special mention as the fastest moving big city for improving its Rank to 36 from Rank 351 in 2017.
- Jharkhand has been declared the best-performing state, followed by Maharashtra, in this year’s Swachh Survekshan.
- Cleanest State Capital: Greater Mumbai
- Cleanest City (Population >10 lakh): Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh
- Cleanest City (Population 3-10 lakh): Mysuru, Karnataka
- Cleanest City (Population 1-3 lakh): NDMC (New Delhi Municipal Council)
World Bank approved the Rs 325-crore drinking water scheme for Shimla
- A World Bank (WB) team that visited Shimla from September 4 to 8 has approved the detailed project report (DPR) of the Rs 325-crore drinking water scheme to draw water from the Satluj Shimla, which is also a major tourist destination.
- It is estimated that by 2050 Shimla would require 107 million litre water per day (MLD), while at present it needs only 40 MLD water.
- Water would be lifted from the river at Shakrodi near Sunni in Shimla district and 70 MLD water would be supplied daily.
- Around Rs 325 crore would be spent on drawing water from the Satluj to Shimla town and supplied to residential areas adjoining Shimla planning area.
PGIMER Chandigarh’s Satellite centre starts in UNA
- The Satellite Centre of the PGI, Chandigarh, finally became functional temporarily at the Una District Hospital.
- It was announced on June 3, 2017, by Union Health Minister JP Nadda.
- The Rs 320-crore centre will have 300 beds, while 125 specialist doctors will be posted here.
Rs 50 crore ADB project to boost tourism in Mandi
- In a bid to boost tourism Mandi District, the HP state government has submitted a tourism development project of Rs 50 Crore to the Asian Development Bank for funding.
- Under this project, a lake and other basic tourism infrastructure would be developed to take Mandi town on the world tourist map.
- A helipad would also be constructed at Kangnidhar in order to provide heli-taxi facility to the region.
HP Mukhyamantri Alpsankhyak Kalyan Yojana 2018
Marriage Grant to Muslim Girls (Rs. 25,000) – The state govt. is going to provide Rs. 25000 as marriage assistance for the girls belonging to the poor Muslim families.
Medical Treatment to Poor Muslim Families (Rs. 5,000) – HP govt. will provide financial assistance of Rs. 5000 for medical treatment of any poor Muslim family.
Social Security Pension to Old, Widow and Disabled Muslims (Rs. 400 p.m) – The state govt. will provide Rs. 400 per month as social security pension to old, widow and disabled people from Muslim community.
Also, The cabinet committee has decided that the age limit for Social Security Pension is now 70 years (previously 80 years). This decision has benefited around 1.3 lakh Old Age citizens.
The state govt. is going to provide necessary facilities for Muslim Graveyard – Kabristan. HP govt. will allocate land to the Waqf Board to build new burial places where Muslims can be buried after their deaths
Yuva Aajeevika Yojana” for Self Employment
- Under this scheme, govt. will provide an interest subsidy of 5% on Loans upto Rs. 30 Lakh to unemployed youths.
- This scheme will focus on job creation and will provide employment opportunities to berojgar youths.
- All the jobless candidates can avail this loan amount for any work of their choice.
- In this Youth Livelihood Mission, any entrepreneur will get 5% interest subsidy for 3 years on an investment upto Rs. 30 lakhs.
- For this purpose, govt. has allocated a budget of Rs. 75 crore.
- This scheme is applicable for all unemployed youths b/w age group of 18 to 35 years.
New NDRF Battalion approved for Himachal
- Union Cabinet Clears 4 New NDRF Battalions for J-K, Himachal, Uttarakhand, Delhi-NCR.
- The cabinet has given the approval for raising of four additional battalions of NDRF to strengthen India’s disaster response set up at an estimated cost of Rs 637 crore.
- The NDRF has 12 operational battalions at present. It is a specialised force that was raised in 2006 for specific tasks of relief and rescue during natural and man-made disasters or threatening situations.
- The operational battalions are located in Assam, West Bengal, Odisha, Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra, Gujarat, Punjab, NCR (Ghaziabad), Bihar, Arunachal Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh and Andhra Pradesh.
Professor Sikander Kumar appointed the VC of HPU
- He is the 26th Vice-chancellor of HPU.
- Hailing from Hamirpur district of Himachal Pradesh, Sikander kumar’s name was approved by the search committee.
Himachal Pradesh launches Prakartik Kheti-Khushal Kisan scheme
- This scheme aims to promote under zero budget farming in the State.
- Under this scheme, training and workshops are being organized to make farmers aware about natural farming. To make the input for natural farming, farmers will be given 75 percent subsidy on drums. In addition to this, a provision of assistance upto Rs 50,000 has been made for opening of natural resource stores in each village for the supply of inputs in natural farming.
- The State Government has made a provision of Rs 25 crore for this scheme during current financial year.
- The State Government is also giving emphasis on crop diversification to increase the income of farmers in the state. Presently JICA Crop Diversification Scheme is being implemented in five districts of the State at a cost of Rs 300 crores.
- Agriculture and allied sectors have significant contribution in the economy of Himachal Pradesh. This sector contributes about 10 percent in the State’s Gross Domestic Product.
- The agriculture activities are being carried in 5.42 lakh hectare area in the state. Vegetable cultivation was carried in 78.680 hectare area in the State in 2017-18, which resulted in 16,91,564 metric tons production. A budget of Rs 688 crores has been allocated for agriculture in the year 2018-19.
- The State Government has also started State Agricultural Mechanization Programme to provide the agricultural machinery at subsidized rate to farmers.
Share the ‘Himachal Pradesh (HP) Current Affairs 2018 – Part 2’ with your friends.
You can also Download HP GK on Android App. Click Here to Download Current Affairs Quiz Android App
Post your Queries/Suggestions/Corrections below.