HPAS Books and Pattern
HPAS or Himachal Pradesh Administrative Services is the premier examination conducted by HPPSC. Successful candidates in HPAS are selected for the most prestigious posts in the state government. Every year, thousands of candidates from across the India appear in this exam to try their luck. But the competition is even more intense than UPSC as the seats offered each year are very few in comparison. So, Knowledge about the Pattern and the books is really helpful, especially for the first-timers. This series of articles will help the HPAS aspirants to prepare better for the exam.
[amazon_link asins=’935260363X,9312144588,9388026586,9387572862,9312142054,9387067548,817930664X,9352607422,9332588406,B07DBT4DSJ’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’gosarkari-21′ marketplace=’IN’ link_id=”]
HPPSC- HPAS Prelims exam Pattern:
- HPAS Consists of 2 Papers – General Studies and Aptitude Test.
- Both have 100 questions and are of 200 marks each.
- Maximum Marks in Preliminary exam – 400.
- Both are conducted on same day in two shifts.
- Examination centres are in Himachal Pradesh only.
HPAS Prelims 2014- Break up of Marks:
No. of Questions
|Current Affairs and Static GK||10|
- The break up of marks is almost same every year
- Every section is equally important as per the break up of marks
- Most of the questions come from Himachal GK
No. of Questions
|Communication skills and Psychology||20|
- Break up of marks is same every year in Aptitude Test as well.
- Communication and Psychology questions are very specialised in nature and are not easy.
HPAS General Studies – Detailed Pattern:
- 20 questions are asked every year from this section.
- Some Questions are quite difficult to answer.
- Few HP current affairs questions are also asked.
- Questions include HP History, HP Geography, HP Economy etc.
- Around 12 questions are asked each year from Indian History section.
- Questions are easy to average in nature.
- Around 6-8 questions are from Modern India only.
- So, Modern India should be given more importance.
- Around 10-12 questions are from this section.
- Most of the questions are basic and are fact-oriented.
- Around 12 questions are asked from this section.
- Questions are of average to difficult in nature.
- Mostly are fact-based and not concept based as in UPSC
- Around 10- 12 questions are asked Economy.
- Mostly related to Current Affairs
- Most unpredictive section
- Some questions are very easy where as some are of graduation level.
- Around 10 questions are included
- Easy to Average questions
- Mostly fact based questions
Current Affairs and Static GK
- Mostly Current Affairs questions are from 6-8 months before the exam
- 4-5 Static Gk questions are asked whcih can be from anywhere
HPAS Aptitude Test – Detailed Pattern:
- 10 questions are from this part
- All are in English with no Hindi Translation
- Easy in nature but time consuming
- Around 35 questions are of Mathematics
- Basic maths questions of Class 10th Level
- Can be solved easily if you are good in Aptitude
- Most Scoring section of HPAS
- 5 questions
- Usually in ‘Fill in the Blanks’ form
- Around 30 questions are reasoning based
- Questions are of easy to average in nature
- Around 5 questions out of this are Picture-based.
Communication and Psychology
- Most unpredictive and difficult section of HPAS according to me.
- Around 20 questions are asked- related to Interpersonal Communication Skills and Psychology
- Some Psychology questions are included which are of Graduation level
- Even the Communication and Interpersonal skills are not easy
- Most of the students are not able to attempt this section
Note: These marks break-ups are based only on the Previous Years Papers.
HPAS – 2016 APTITUDE TEST
HPAS – 2016 GENERAL STUDIES
HPAS – 2014 GENERAL STUDIES
HPAS – 2014 APTITUDE TEST
HPAS – 2013 APTITUDE TEST
HPAS – 2013 GENERAL STUDIES
HPAS – 2011 APTITUDE TEST (ENGLISH)
HPAS – 2011 APTITUDE TEST (HINDI)
HPAS – 2011 GENERAL STUDIES (ENGLISH)
HPAS – 2011 GENERAL STUDIES (HINDI)
HPAS – 2010 APTITUDE TEST (ENGLISH)
HPAS – 2010 APTITUDE TEST (HINDI)
HPAS – 2010 GENERAL STUDIES (ENGLISH)
HPAS – 2010 GENERAL STUDIES (HINDI)