HPAS Prelims Exam Preparation Mock Test – DAY 1
MCQs for HPPSC HPAS Prelims exam preparation. Click on ‘Show Answer’ button to reveal the correct option.
1) A member of a UNION Public Service Commission shall hold office for a term
- 6 years
- 5 years
- 4 years
- 2 years
2.)What do we mean by saying that Directive principles are non justiciable?
a.) In case they are violated the matter cannot be taken to court
b) Courts are debarred from considering Directive Principles
c) The law of the land does not recognize them
d) They are sacred
3) Which part of the Constitution of India was described as the ‘Soul of the Constitution’ by Dr. Ambedkar?
(a) The Preamble
(b) The Chapter on Fundamental Right (Part III)
(c) Directive Principles of State Policy
(d) Right to Constitutional Remedies
4) The custom ‘Santhara’ is related to which of the following sects ?
5) The wheel was an important discovery of
a) Palaeolithic age
b) Mesolithic age
c) Neolithic age
d) Chalcolithic Age
6) The First President of Muslim League was
- Nawab Viqar-ul-Mulk Mustaq Hussain
- Mian Abdul Aziz
- Hidayat Hussain Khan
- Mohammad Ali Jinnah
7) Who amongst the following had drafted the ‘Quit India Resolution’ ?
- Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
- Jawahar Lal Nehru
- Mahatma Gandhi
- Acharya Narendra Deo
8) The moist air masses that cause winter rains in the north-western region of India are part of?
- Trade winds
- Local disturbances
- Retreating monsoons
9) Which one of the following rivers originates from Amarkantak ?
- Son river
- Godavari river
- Sutlej river
10) In which of the following state is Tungabhadra project of irrigation?
- Andhra Pradesh
- Tamil Nadu
11) Which of the following is commonly called a ‘polyamide’?
12) Q: Which of the following is a non metal that remains liquid at room temperature?
13) Giri is a tributary of:
14) State bird of Himachal Pradesh is:?
- Sky lark
- Western tragopan (Jujurana)
15) Motilal Nehru library is at:
16) Which among the following is the oldest Public Sector Bank of India?
- Punjab National Bank
- Imperial Bank of India
- Allahabad Bank
- Central Bank of India
17) Which among the following are the ‘Credit-Rating Agencies’ of India? 1.CRISIL 2.CARE 3.ICRA 4.ONICRA
- 1 and 3
- 1, 2 and 3
- 1, 3 and 4
- All of them
18) The concept of ‘Universal Banking’ was implemented in India on the recommendations of:
- Abid Hussain Committee
- R H Khan Committee
- S Padmanabhan Committee
- Y H Malegam Committee
19)The Temperate Grassland Biome is commonly known as –
1.Steppe in Central Asia
2.Prairie in North America
3.Veld in South America
Choose the correct option:
- 1 and 2
- 1 and 3
- 2 and 3
- 1, 2 and 3
20) Which among the following multilateral environment agreements (MEAs) is not correctly paired with the respective issue it deals with ?
1. Montreal Protocol of 1987 – Ozone Depleting Substances.
2. Bonn Convention of 1979 – The conservation of Migratory Species.
3. Basel Convention of 1989 – Regulation of transboundary movement,transit, handling and use of Living Modified Organisms.
4. Rotterdam Convention of 1998 – Consensual International Trade in certain Hazardous Chemicals and Pesticides.
a) 3 and 4
b) 1 only
c) 3 only
d) 4 only
More HPAS exam preparation Quiz:
Do you find “HPAS Prelims Exam Preparation Mock Test – DAY 1“ useful. Please Leave your Comments and suggestions down below.
Also, if there is any error or any correction that is needed in above questions, please don’t hesitate to point out.