What is Jagannath return car Festival?
- it is the return Journey of the three deities — Lord Jagannath, his elder brother Lord Balabhadra and their sister Devi Subhadra on their chariots to Jagannath Temple.
- It is called as BAHUDA Yatra
- After spending a week inside the Gundicha temple, the deities commence their Bahuda Yatra on the 10th day.
Where is Jagannath Temple located?
- The Shree Jagannath Temple is located on the eastern coast of India, at Puri in the state of Odisha.
- The temple is one of the four great ‘Char Dham’ pilgrimage sites, found at India’s four cardinal points.
- It is an important Hindu temple dedicated to Lord Jagannath, a form of lord Vishnu.
Who built the Jagannath Temple?
- The present temple was rebuilt from the 10th century onwards and the work was started by King Anantavarman Chodaganga Deva, first of the Eastern Ganga dynasty.
What is Rath Yatra of Jagananth Temple?
- The Puri temple is famous for its annual Ratha yatra, or chariot festival, in which the three principal deities are pulled on huge and elaborately decorated temple cars.
- These gave their name to the English term Juggernaut.
The image of Jagannath is made up of which material?
- Unlike the stone and metal icons found in most Hindu temples, the image of Jagannath is made of wood and is ceremoniously replaced every twelve or nineteen years by an exact replica.
Want to Add something in the above article? Please Comment
Sharing Helps! If you like the above information, Please Share it. Thanks in advance!