Indian National Congress (INC) Sessions – MCQ on Modern Indian History for UPSC Civil Services, SSC etc.
MCQ on Modern Indian History – Indian National Congress (INC) Sessions. Try Modern Indian History questions from the Indian National Congress (INC) Sessions topic. Click on ‘Show Answer’ button to reveal the correct option.
1) Where was the first Session of Indian National Congress held in 1885?
The first session of INC was planned to take place in Poona but due to cholera outbreak in Poona, venue of the first INC session was shifted to Bombay. W.C Bonnerji was the first President of INC.
2.) Who presided over the second session of INC ?
- Pherozeshah Mehta
- A.O Hume
- Dadabhai Naoroji
- Mahatma Gandhi
The second session of INC took place at Calcutta in 1886
3) Who was the first Non-Indian president of Indian National Congress?
- George Yule
- William Wedderburn
- Lord Dufferin
- None of the above
George Yule presided over the INC session in 1888 held at Allahabad
4) In which session the Indian National congress split into the Moderates and the Extremists ?
In the Surat Session of 1907, the Indian National congress split into the Moderates and the Extremists. Ras Behari Ghosh was the chairman of that session
Products from Amazon.in
Price: INR 245.00Was: INR 395.00
Price: INR 495.00Was: INR 525.00
Price: INR 901.00Was: INR 1,595.00
Price: INR 990.00Was: INR 1,595.00
Price: INR 650.00
Price: INR 606.00Was: INR 1,595.00
Price: INR 816.00Was: INR 995.00
Price: INR 1,100.00Was: INR 1,450.00
5) In which year Mahatma Gandhi became the president of Indian National Congress?
The 1924 session of INC was held at Belgaum and Mahatma Gandhi presided over that session.
6) Where did the first post-independence session of Congress take place ?
The first post-independence session of Indian National Congress was held at Jaipur in 1948. Pattabhi Sitaramayya was the president in that session
7) The resolution on ‘Purna Swaraj’ was passed by the Indian National Congress in which session?
The resolution of ‘Purna Swaraj’ was passed by the Indian National Congress in the famous Lahore session of 1929. Jawahar lal Nehru presided the 1929 session held at Lahore
8) The resolution of ‘Fundamental Rights and National Economic Programme’ was passed by the Indian National Congress at _________ ?
The resolution of ‘Fundamental Rights and National Economic Programme’ was passed by the Indian National Congress at Karachi in 1931. Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel was the president of the Karachi session.
9) When was the session of Indian National Congress held in a village for the first time?
In 1936, the session of Indian National Congress held in a village for the first time at Faizpur under Jawahar Lal Nehru
10) Who was the 1st women President of Indian National Congress?
- Sarojini Naidu
- Annie Besant
- Nellie SenGupta
- Lakshmi Sehgal
Annie Besant presided over the Indian National Congress Session at Calcutta in 1917.
More Indian History Quiz:
Do you find “Indian History Quiz“ useful. Please Leave your Comments and suggestions down below.
Also, if there is any error or any correction that is needed in above questions, please don’t hesitate to point out.