Monthly Current Affairs November 2015 for IBPS, SSC, UPSC, RBI, NDA, CDS, Other Civil Services
Read the November 2015 Monthly Current Affairs for IBPS PO, IBPS Clerical, RBI, SBI, UPSC prelims, SSC, NDA, CDS, AFCAT, State Civil Services and other exams. All the important monthly current affairs consolidated in an easy to read and revise manner.
Current Affairs November 2015 – National
- Supreme Court has ruled that a daughter’s right to ancestral property does not arise if the father died before Hindu Succession (Amendment) Act, 2005 came into force in 2005.
- Union Cabinet gives its nod to Ujwal DISCOM Assurance Yojna (UDAY) for financial restructuring of debt of power distribution companies. The Scheme aims for financial turnaround and revival of Power Distribution companies (DISCOMs) and also ensures a sustainable permanent solution to the problem.
- Government launched three gold related scheme viz Gold Monetization Scheme (GMS), Sovereign Gold Bond Scheme (SGBS) and Indian Gold Coins (IGC).November 2015 – International. Click here to read details about these schemes
- President Pranab Mukherjee launched Impacting Research Innovation and Technology (IMPRINT) India to boost research in the country. The initiative is joint venture of Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) and Indian Institute of Science (IISC).
- Union Ministry of Health & Family Welfare has opened country’s first Affordable Medicines and Reliable Implants for Treatment (AMRIT) outlet at AIIMS in New Delhi to sell drugs at highly discounted rates.
Current Affairs November 2015 – International
- Ruling Justice and Development Party (AKP) founded by President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has won a critical 2015 Parliamentary Election of Turkey.
- Tropical Cyclone Chapala hits Yemen causing heavy floods.
- President of Maldives Abdulla Yameen has declared state of emergency for 30 days on grounds of threat to national security.
- World Health Organization (WHO), a U.N. health agency has officially declared Sierra Leone Ebola-free. This announcement is considered as a major milestone in UN-backed efforts to wipe out Ebola from the three western African countries viz. Liberia, Sierra Leone and Guinea.
- Philippines is going to host 2015 Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) summit from 18–19 November 2015 in its capital city Manila.
Current Affairs November 2015 – Regional
- Maharashtra Government has approved APJ Abdul Kalam Amrut Yojna scheme to provide one full hot cooked nutritious food to pregnant, lactating women in the tribal areas.
Current Affairs November 2015 – Sports
- New Zealand has won the 2015 Rugby World Cup (held in England) for record third time by defeating Australia.
- Sania Mirza and Martina Hingis duo wins Singapore BNP Paribas WTA Finals.
- Nico Rosberg wins 2015 Mexican Gand Prix of Formula 1.
- Pakistani Cricketer Shoaib Malik announces retirement from Test Cricket.
- Mercedes driver Nico Rosberg from Germany has won the 2015 Brazilian Grand Prix title of Formula One (F1).
- Australian fast bowler Mitchell Johnson (age 34) has announced his retirement from all forms of international cricket.
Current Affairs November 2015 – Appointments
- Justice T S Thakur (63) will be next Chief Justice of India after current CJI Justice Dattu retires on December 2, 2015. He will be the 43rd Chief Justice of India.
- Justin Trudeau of Liberal Party has sworn in as 23rd Prime Minister of Canada ending 10 years of Conservative rule. Justin Trudeau (43) became the second youngest PM of Canada after Joe Clark (40).
- Harjit Sajjan, a canadian Sikh, has been sworn-in as Defence Minister of Canada.
- Renowned economist Subir Gokaran has been appointed as an Executive Director on the board of the International Monetary Fund (IMF). He will replace Rakesh Mohan whose 3 year tenure ends in November 2015. Mr. Gokarn has also served as Deputy Governor of RBI from 2009 to 2012.
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Governor Raghuram Rajan has been appointed as vice chairman of the board of directors of the Bank for International Settlements (BIS). With this, he became the first Indian to be appointed to this position in the BIS and shall have tenure of three years starting from 10 November 2015.
- Senior Indian diplomat Syed Akbaruddin has been appointed as India’s Permanent Representative to the United Nations at New York.
Current Affairs November 2015 – Economy and Banking
- Social media giant Facebook has partnered with the state-run Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) for setting up 100 wi-fi (Wireless Fidelity) sites in rural India.
Current Affairs November 2015 – Awards
- All India Radio’s (AIR’s) Programme on child labour titled Nilkkam Ivarkkoppam has won the first prize at the 2015 Asia-Pacific Broadcasting Union (ABU) Prize ceremony. The programme has won the award under the Community Service Announcement category at the 52nd General Assembly of ABU held in Ankara, Turkey.
Current Affairs November 2015 – Environment
- National Green Tribunal (NGT) has banned age-old agricultural practice of straw burning in pollution-ravaged New Delhi and 4 northern western states of Punjab, Haryana, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh.
Current Affairs November 2015 – Science and Technology
Current Affairs November 2015 – Defence
- The fast patrol vessel (FPV) of Aadesh-Class of Indian Coast Guard, ICGS Arinjay was commissioned in Kochi, Kerala.
- India-Russia Joint Military Exercise Indra-2015 begins in Rajasthan.
Current Affairs November 2015 – Reports and Surveys
- India was placed at 7th position in world’s most valuable nation brands report among the 100 assessed nations in recently released annual report compiled by Brand Finance.Top 7 countries: United States, China, Germany, United Kingdom, Japan, France and India.
- Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi has emerged as World’s ninth Most Powerful Person in the Forbes annual ranking of most powerful persons list of 2015.
For the consecutive 3rd year, Russian President Vladimir Putin has been named the world’s most powerful person in the list. German Chancellor Angela Merkel was ranked 2nd overtaking US President Barack Obama.
Earlier, in the 2014 Forbes list of world’s powerful people, PM Narendra Modi was placed 14th position.
Among other Indians, Reliance Industries Chairman Mukesh Ambani was placed at 36th position. Among Indian-origin people, steel tycoon Lakshmi Mittal ranked 55th, Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella is ranked 61st.
Current Affairs November 2015 – Miscellaneous
- Indian Railways launches Vikalp scheme to facilitate waitlisted passengers to get an alternative train accommodation.
- Chief Operating Officer (COO) of Indian Premier League (IPL) Sundar Raman has resigned from his position.
- Maldives Parliament impeaches Vice President Ahmed Adeeb Abdul Ghafoor.
Leave your Comments down below.