Monthly Current Affairs September 2015 for IBPS, SSC, UPSC, RBI, NDA, CDS, Other Civil Services
Read the September 2015 Monthly Current Affairs for IBPS PO, IBPS Clerical, RBI, SBI, UPSC prelims, SSC, NDA, CDS, AFCAT, State Civil Services and other exams. All the important monthly current affairs consolidated in an easy to read and revise manner.
Current Affairs September 2015 – National
- Supreme Court stays Rajasthan HC’s decision declaring Jain ritual of ‘Santhara’ illegal.
- India has decided to join UN-based “Better Than Cash” Alliance with a view to reduce cash transactions in its economy and achieve financial inclusion.
- Union Government has cancelled license of Greenpeace India, an NGO to receive foreign donations. The license was cancelled by Union Ministry of Home Affairs as per section 13 of Foreign Contribution Regulations Act (FCRA), 2011.
- Union Government gives nod to One Rank One Pension scheme.
The benefit will be given with effect from 1st of July 2014 and it will benefit all three services- Army, Navy and Air Force.
Pension will be re-fixed every five years and future enhancements in rates of pension would be automatically passed to the past pensioners.
Armed forces personnel who retire voluntarily would be not covered under OROP scheme. However, it will be applicable to personnel who have already retired prematurely.
All arrears will be paid in four half-yearly installments and all widows will be paid arrears in one installment.
Estimated cost to implement OROP scheme would be around 8000 crore rupees to 10,000 crore rupees at present and it will increase further in future.
- Delhi High Court in its landmark judgment has allowed women to get permanent commission in Indian Navy and allowed them to board on warships.
- Union Government to develop Bodhgaya in Bihar as Spiritual capital.
- Union Cabinet cleared National Offshore Wind Energy Policy to generate electricity from offshore windmills located in areas within Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ) of the country. Under this policy, Offshore wind power projects and R&D activities will be carried in waters up to the seaward distance of 200 Nautical Miles (EEZ of the country) from the base line.
- India and Indonesia have signed a pact for repatriation of wanted prisoners and cooperate in all criminal matters, including gathering evidence.
- Union Cabinet allows 100 per cent FDI under automatic route for white label ATMs.
- Tenth World Hindi Conference begins in Bhopal.with the theme of Hindi Jagat-Vistar and Sambhavnaye.The First World Hindi Conference was organized in Nagpur by then Prime Minister Indira Gandhi. It was held from 10 to 12 January 1975. Since then every year 10th January is being observed as the World Hindi Day.
- Union Cabinet approves 150 days employment under MGNREGA in the drought hit areas.
- Union Government has banned Naga rebel group National Socialist Council of Nagaland- Khaplang (NSCN-K) for five years. The organisation has been banned under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act, 1967.
- Union Cabinet has approved Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Rurban mission (SPMRM) for its ambitious bid to spur social, economic and infrastructure development in rural areas.
- Union Government launches Pradhan Mantri Khanij Kshetra Kalyan Yojana (PMKKKY) for mining affected people.
Current Affairs September 2015 – International
- G-20 launches W-20 grouping for gender inclusive economic growth.It would host its first summit in October 2015 in Istanbul after all member countries appoint their respective nominees.
- Singapore General Elections: People’s Action Party (PAP) led by Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong has emerged victorious.
- Japan’s parliament has passed two security laws to amend its pacifist constitution framed after WWII to allow its troops to fight abroad.
- Nepal has adopted new Constitution marking the country’s transition to a secular and democratic republic.
- Alexis Tsipras led left-wing Syriza party has emerged as the largest party in the general (snap) elections to the Greece’s Parliament.
- Volkswagen Chief Executive Martin Winterkorn has resigned following the revelation that the world’s largest carmaker (in terms of sales) had manipulated US diesel car emissions tests.
- United Nations on 25 September 2015 unanimously adopted an ambitious agreement on the outcome document New Sustainable Development Agenda for the next 15 years i.e. till 2030. The agreement outlines 17 non-binding goals termed as Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) with 169 specific targets that comprise different socio-economic issues.
Current Affairs September 2015 – Regional
- Manipur Legislative Assembly has unanimously passed the Protection of Manipur People Bill, 2015 along with Manipur Shops and Establishments (Second Amendment) Bill, 2015 and Manipur Land Revenue and Land Reforms (Seventh Amendment) Bill, 2015 to protect indigenous people of state.
- Andhra Pradesh launches e-Pragati to bring all government services under one roof.
- Haryana Government bans gutka, pan masala.
- Haryana Assembly has passed Haryana Panchayati Raj (Amendment) Bill, 2015 that seeks to fix matriculation as minimum educational qualification for elections to Panchayati Raj institutions (PRIs).
Current Affairs September 2015 – Sports
- Union Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports has decided to recognize Yoga as a sport discipline and place it in the Priority category. Also, the sport of Fencing was upgraded from Others to General category based on the major past performance at international events.
- South African city Durban to host 2022 Commonwealth Games.
- Australian Cricketer Shane Watson announces retirement from Test cricket.
- Lewis Hamilton wins 2015 Italian Grand Prix of Formula One.
- Novak Djokovic of Serbia has won the US Open Men’s Singles title by defeating Roger Federer of Switzerland by 6-4, 5-7, 6-4 and 6-4.
- Italy’s Flavia Pennetta has lifted the Women’s Singles trophy of the US Open.
- Men’s Doubles Title French pair of Pierre-Hugues Herbert and Nicolas Mahut won the Men’s Doubles trophy of the US Open.
- Sania Mirza (India) and Martina Hingis (Switzerland) pair won the Switzerland women’s Doubles trophy of the US Open.
- Leander Paes (India) and Martina Hingis (Switzerland) pair won the Mixed Doubles trophy of Final Grand Slam of the US Open.
- Hangzhou City of China chosen to host 2022 Asian Games.
- Sebastian Vettel wins 2015 Singapore Grand Prix of Formula One.
- Lewis Hamilton wins 2015 Japanese Grand Prix title of Formula One.
- Pankaj Advani has won 2015 IBSF World Billiards Championship in Adelaide, Australia. It was his overall 14th World title.
Current Affairs September 2015 – Appointments
- Gulden Turktan from Turkey has been appointed as the first President W20 forum.
- Agriculture expert Ramesh Chand appointed as full time member of NITI Aayog.
- Malcolm Turnbull sworn in as Australia’s new Prime Minister.
- Sherif Ismail sworn-in as Prime Minister of Egypt.
- Former Indian Cricket team captain Sourav Ganguly has been appointed as President of Cricket Association of Bengal (CAB).
- Volkswagen AG appoints Matthias Mueller as new CEO.
Current Affairs September 2015 – Economy and Banking
- Union Government accepts A P Shah panel report on Minimum Alternate Tax(MAT).
- Canada’s economy falls into a recession. Canada is the world’s 11th-biggest economy and the United States’ (US) biggest trading partner. The last time in 2008-09, Canada was in recession after the US housing market meltdown had triggered a global credit crisis.
- Union Government notifies merger of FMC with SEBI.With this merger, all three national and six regional commodity exchanges will come under the ambit of national capital market regulator SEBI.
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) has bought 15 per cent stake in Russia’s second-largest oil field Vankor from Rosneft for about 1.35 billion US dollars.
- RBI to issue Rs 5 coin on golden jubilee of 1965 Indo-Pak war.
- India, Belarus set trade target of 1 billion dollar by 2018.
- RBI, Nepal Rastra Bank ink MoU for supervisory information exchange.
- Search engine giant Google has announced to provide high-speed public Wi-Fi in 500 Indian railway stations.
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has reduced the policy repo rate under the liquidity adjustment facility (LAF) by 50 basis points from 7.25 per cent to 6.75 per cent with immediate effect.
Current Affairs September 2015 – Awards
- India has won the UNESCO prize ‘Award of Excellence’ 2015 for the conservation efforts of the Sree Vadakkunnathan Temple in Kerala.
- Haryana Government wins Skoch Order-of-Merit National award for implementing e-governance, IT.
- Jhumpa Lahiri selected for 2014 National Humanities Medal of White House. She has been selected for this award for enlarging the human story and will be presented with it by US President Barack Obama.
- Gandhi Peace Prize 2014 conferred on ISRO.
- Bangladesh PM Sheikh Hasina wins UN Award for Leadership on Climate Change.
- Afghan refugee teacher Aqeela Asifi named for 2015 UNHCR Nansen Refugee Award.
- 24th Vyaas Samman conferred on eminent Hindi writer Dr Kamal Kishore Goenkaand Technology
- The Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) has been awarded SKOCH Award for Smart Governance.
- Mathematician Dr. Jacob Tsimerman from Canada has been chosen for the prestigious 2015 SASTRA Ramanujan Prize.
- India’s first dedicated satellite for astronomy research Astrosat has been successfully launched from Satish Dhawan Space Centre, Sriharikotta. It was launched along with 6 foreign satellites by the ISRO’s work horse Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle-C30 (PSLV-C30). About Astrosat Astrosat is India’s first dedicated multi-wavelength space observatory and one of the major scientific mission of ISRO after the highly acclaimed Chandrayaan-I and Mangalyaan.
Current Affairs September 2015 – Science and Technology
- Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) has successfully positioned India’s latest communication satellite GSAT-6 into its orbital slot.
- Indian Railways develops Hybrid Vacuum Toilets.
Current Affairs September 2015 – Defence
- 6th Indo-Maldives Joint Military Exercise, KUVERIN 2015 begins in Thiruvananthapuram.
- AUSINDEX15, first Australia and India maritime exercise begins in Visakhapatnam.
- Anti-Tank guided Amogha-I Missile test fired.
- Indian Coast Guard has commissioned two new ships named Fast Patrol Vessel ICGS Apoorva and Interceptor Boat C-421.
- INS Kochi commissioned into Indian Navy
Current Affairs September 2015 – Reports and Surveys
- Indra Nooyi, 2nd powerful women in 2015 Fortune’s business list. The list was topped by General Motors CEO Mary Barra.
- Gujarat tops in ease of doing business in India: World Bank Report. Top 5 states: Gujarat (71.14%), Andhra Pradesh (70.12%), Jharkhand (63.09%), Chhattisgarh (62.45%) and Madhya Pradesh (62.00%). Bottom 5 states: Mizoram (6.37%), Jammu and Kashmir (5.93%), Meghalaya (4.38%), Nagaland (3.41%) and Arunachal Pradesh (1.23%).
- Industrialist Mukesh Ambani has been named as India’s richest person for ninth consecutive year in a row with a net worth of 18.9 billion dollars in the 2015 Forbes magazine’s India rich list. Top 5: Mukesh Ambani (18.9 billion dollars), Dilip Shanghvi (18 billion) of Sun Pharma, Azim Premji (15.9 billion) of Wipro , Hinduja brothers (15.9 billion), Pallonji Mistry (14.7 billion).
Current Affairs September 2015 – Miscellaneous
- 5th September: National Teachers Day. This day commemorates the birthday of India’s first Vice President and second President Dr Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan.
- Eminent Music composer Adesh Shrivastava passes away.
- 14 September: National Hindi Divas.
- BCCI President Jagmohan Dalmiya passes away.
- September 21: International Day of Peace.
- Marathi film ‘Court’ selected as India’s official entry to Oscars
- World Tourism Day (WTD) September 27. To raise awareness about the importance of tourism. Theme for 2015: “One Billion Tourists, One Billion Opportunities“.
Leave your Comments down below.