The Shimla Municipal Corporation (SMC) has launched 11 online services for the convenience of its residents. Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur launched the online services on 6th September 2019. These online services aim to which increase transparency and efficiency in the work of Shimla MC. The Chief Minister also launched three government-to-citizen services (G2C) in the Municipal Corporation.
The online services which were launched include online garbage charges collection application, online building planning application and rent and lease application through the State Information Technology Department.
Benefits of these Shimla MC online services:
- These will help in eliminating middlemen by providing a single window for all government-to-citizen services at the corporation level.
- it will provide time-bound citizen-centric services to the people.
- It will facilitate online payment through the payment gateway
- It will reduce the footfall at the MC office.
- The consumers will be able to track their transaction status and payment record through these services
Online building planning permission application was also launched by the Shimal MC which would facilitate the people to apply online for approval of their building maps. Through this application, the owners would be able to know the status of maps submitted at the click of a button.