Bandaru Dattatreya has been appointed as the new Governor of Himachal Pradesh on 01st September 2019. He will replace Kalraj Mishra, who has been appointed as the Governor of Rajasthan.
About Bandaru Dattatreya:
- Bandaru Dattatreya is an Indian politician and belongs to Hyderabad.
- He was the Member of Lok Sabha for Secunderabad since 2014.
- He belongs to the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
- He joined Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh in 1965 and was also imprisoned during the Emergency.
- In May 2014, he was re-elected to the Lok Sabha and was made a Minister of State for Labour and Employment in the Narendra Modi cabinet.