Daily Current Affairs GK Update – 17 May 2015
ICICI Bank opens its first Branch in China [ALL]:
- The branch in China was inaugurated in Shanghai.
- ICICI Bank is India’s largest private sector Bank and has branches in 17 countries.
National Conference on Nuclear Energy held in New Delhi [ALL]:
- It was the 6th edition of this conference
- This Year’s Theme was Nuclear Energy: a Clean Energy option.
- At present, Nuclear power plants generates 3.5% of India’s total Electricity.
Former Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi sentenced to death [ALL]
- Former Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi was sentenced to death by Egyptian court for his involved in a mass Prison-break in 2011.
- Now, As per Egypt’s law, the country’s religious authorities will have to give their opinion before the death sentence can be carried out. But the advice will not be binding on the court.
- Morsi who is the leader of Muslim Brotherhood Party was earlier sentenced to 20 years in jail for was on charges of espionage for his involvement in ordering the arrest and torture of protesters during his time in power.
- He was Egypt’s first freely elected president after the military rule under Hosni Mubarak came to end in 2011.In July 2013, he was ousted by the military after days of mass street protests by Egyptians demanding his removal because of his divisive policies.
- Current President of Egypt : Abdel Fattah el-Sisi.
- Some Extra facts :
- Capital of Egypt:Cairo
- Currency of Egypt: Egyptian Franc
INFOSYS to open its First Overseas Centre outside India in China: [NON-UPSC]
- MOU regarding this was signed between Infosys and the Provincial Chinese Government.
- Infosys will invest around 120 million USD for this centre to be built in China’s Guizhou province.
Bharti Airtel gets 2.5 billion USD credit line from Chinese Banks: [NON-UPSC]
- 2 billion USD has been committed by China Development Bank.
- 500 million USD has been committed by Industrial and Commercial Bank of China.
Click this link for Previous Days Current Affairs: Daily Current Affairs for IBPS Bank Po, Bank Clerical, SSC, HPAS, PCS, AFCAT, CDS, NDA,State Civil Services and other exams
Was Daily Current Affairs GK Update – 17 May 2015 useful? Leave your Comments down below.