Himachal Govt has hiked Dearness Allowance of HP state employees and pensioners by 4%. The announcement was made by Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Sh. Jai Ram Thakur who was presiding over the 73rd Independence Day function at the historic Ridge Maidan in Shimla on 15th August 2019,
The increase in DA would be paid retrospectively from January this year, providing an annual additional financial benefit of Rs 260 crore to the state employees.
The Chief Minister made several other announcements after hoisting the national flag and taking salute from the march-past by various contingents, including school children.
Highlights of Speech made by Himachal CM on the 73rd Independence Day:
- The Dearness Allowance of HP state employees and pensioners has been increased by 4%.
- The girl candidates of the state would not have to deposit examination fee for appearing in the entrance tests conducted by the state public service commission and subordinate services selection board.
- Free textbooks to government school students of Class 9 and 10, which would benefit over 65,000 children.
- Remembering freedom fighters and slain soldiers, Jai Ram Thakur paid rich tributes to the first chief minister, Yashwant Singh Parmar, for laying a strong foundation for the future development of the state.
- The State government has framed a vision document, ‘Drishtipatra Himachal Pradesh-2030’, to achieve developmental goals in a time-bound manner.
- The chief minister said a target of attracting investment worth Rs 85,000 crore had been set from the ‘Rising Himachal Investors Meet’, to be held in Dharamshala on November 7 and 8. The memorandums of understanding (MoU) worth Rs 38,000 crore were already signed with various prospective investors.
- Chanshal valley of Shimla, Janjehli valley of Mandi and Bir Billing of Kangra districts were being developed as tourist spots under the ‘Nai Raahein Nai Manzilein’ scheme.
- Programmes like the Jan Manch, Him Pragati portal, e-Samadhan were started to ensure good governance.
- ‘Mukhya Mantri Helpline’ would be launched soon to facilitate the public further.
Awards by HP Govt on Independence Day 2019:
- The chief minister presented the Himachal Gaurav Award to Nishad Kumar and Lieutenant Commander Pratibha Jamwal.
- He gave away the Prerna Strot Award to Subedar Rinjin Dorje, Alikya and Himkara Organisation.
- Thakur presented the Civil Services Award to the state disaster management authority.
- The district-level disaster management authority awards were presented to Kullu, Lahaul and Spiti districts.