Daily Current Affairs GK for UPSC Civil Services and other exams – 19th July 2018
Daily Current Affairs GK For UPSC Civil Services and other competitive exams in India . The Hindu Current Affairs News Capsule and analysis – 19th July 2018
Below is the today’s Daily Current Affairs news capsule i.e. Current Affairs Gk for 19th July 2018. The main news items for 19th July 2018 in short and crisp form with all the relevant information to prepare the current affairs for various exams.
No Confidence Motion to be discussed in Lok Sabha
What is a No-confidence motion?
- A motion of no confidence means that “a person(s) in a position of responsibility is no longer deemed fit to hold that position”.
- In the current scenario, it would mean that the parliament no longer has confidence in Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Which Article of Indian Constitution contains the provision of No Confidence motion?
- The Indian constitution does not mention no-confidence motion. However Article 75 specifies that the council of ministers shall be collectively responsible to the House of the People.
- Additionally, Article 118 of the constitution permits both houses of Parliament to make its own rules for its functioning.
- Lok Sabha’s Rule 198 mentions the procedure for a motion of no-confidence.
- Please note: a no-confidence motion can only be passed in Lok Sabha as Rule 198 allows any member of the House to give a written notice.
How many members needed to support the notice of no confidence motion?
- A notice for a noconfidence motion against a government is accepted only if at least 50 members of the
Lower House support it. The Speaker, then fixes a date for discussion, followed by a vote.
IMPORTANT FACT: No- Confidence motion can only be introduced in Lok Sabha. There is no provision of No Confidence motion in Rajya Sabha
Sabarimala temple bar unreasonable: Supreme Court
- As per Supreme Court, a woman’s right to enter the famous Sabarimala temple with her menstrual cycle is unreasonable
Where is Sabarimala Temple located?
- Sabarimala is a Hindu pilgrimage centre located at the Periyar Tiger Reserve in the Western Ghat mountain ranges in Kerala.
Three out of five HIVcarriers now have access to drugs: United Nations
- Almost three in five people infected with HIV, or 21.7 million globally, took antiretroviral therapy in 2017 — a new record for anti-AIDS drug access, the UNAIDS
What is UNAIDS mission 2020?
- The UN goal is for 90% of all HIV-positive people to know their status by 2020.
- Out of these, at least 90% must receive ART, and the HIV virus be suppressed in 90% of those.
What is Antiretroviral therapy?
- Antiretroviral therapy (ART) inhibits the virus and can limit its spread between people — mainly through sex — but does not kill it.
Where is UNAIDS located?
- UNAIDS is located in Geneva, Switzerland
Pulses imports to fall hitting Canada, others
- Pulses imports to India, the world’s biggest buyer, may fall to their lowest in almost two decades after the Centre raised import taxes and restricted overseas purchases to bolster prices of pulses
Which is the World’s biggest buyer of Pulses?
- India is currently World’s biggest buyer of Pulses
Which is India’s biggest supplier of Pulses?
- Canada is India’s biggest supplier of Pulses.
Domestic air traffic records 18.3% growth
- Domestic air carriers ferried a total of 11.3 crore passengers last month, according to DGCA
Which domestic airline has the largest market share in India?
- Indigo Airlines has the largest market share in domestic air travel
- IndiGo cornered a market share of 41.3%, Jet Airways recorded 13.3% share, Air India 12.5% and SpiceJet 12.1%.
EU slaps $5 bn fine on Google over Android
- EU regulators hit Google with a record $5 billion antitrust fine for using its Android mobile operating system to squeeze out rivals.
Who is the CEO of Google?
- Sundar Pichai
WTO to hear India plea from today
- India expressed its concern at the imposition of import duties by the U.S. on aluminium and steel.
- U.S. put an import tariff of 25% on steel and 10% on aluminium in March this year.
Which country is the largest producer of Steel?
- India has overtaken Japan to become the world’s second largest producer of crude steel in February 2018
Which country is the largest producer of Aluminium?
- China is the largest producer of Aluminium in the world
- Russia comes second
Click this link for Previous Days Current Affairs: Daily Current Affairs GK for UPSC, for UPSC IAS, SSC CHSL , SSC CGL, IBPS, Banking, UGC NET, CGL, CDS, NDA,Railways, AFCAT, KVS,DSSSB,CTET,Police,CLAT,IHM, HPAS, PCS, UPPSC, RPSC, HPAS, HAS, TNPSC, MPPSC, MPSC, PCS , HPAS, other State Civil Services, CDS and other competitive exams in India
Did you find ” Daily Current Affairs GK for UPSC and other exams- 19th July 2018″ useful? Please share and Leave your Comments down below.