Indian Geography Notes for UPSC CSAT Civil Services Exams, SSC CGL etc.
Indian Geography questions are a major part of various competitive examinations conducted in India. Exams like UPSC CSAT, SSC CGL, AFCAT, NDA, Railways exam, CDS, Insurance exams, State Civil Services like UPPSC, RAS, HAS, KAS, HCS, MPPSC etc. contain a good amount of questions based on the understanding and knowledge of the Indian Geography.
Various topics of the Indian Geography like the Types of Forests in
List of Indian Geography Notes:
- Size and Location of India
- Types of Forests in India
- Major Soil Types of India
- Structure and Physiography
- Drainage System of India
- Himalayan Drainage System of India
- Peninsular Drainage System of India
- Types of Climate in India
- Types of Natural Vegetation in India
- National Parks in India
- India: A land of diversities
- Unity within diversities
- Population and Agriculture: Spatial patterns of population distribution and growth
- Socioeconomic implications of population explosion.
- Major Agricultural Crops: Rice, Wheat, Cotton and Tea
- Green Revolution and its impact
- Problems of Indian Agriculture
- Minerals, Power Resources and Industries
- The status of their use and need for conservation
- Minerals- Iron ore
- Power Resources- Coal, Petroleum and Hydro-power.
- Spatial patterns of Iron and Steel and Cotton Textile Industries
- Industrial regions of India
All the notes are extracted from various sources like NCERT, Indian Geography by Majid Husain etc. It can be used by the civil services aspirants as Indian Geography UPSC notes for IAS Prelims General Studies. It will also serve the purpose as study material for the General Knowledge section of SSC CGL, SCRA, NDA, CDS and other exams.
Sharing increases Knowledge!
Please Share the “Indian Geography notes for UPSC Ias Prelims, SSC, State Civil Services” with others and Leave your comments if you find this helpful. Help us in Sharing the Knowledge