India slips 3 ranks in AT Kearney’s FDI Confidence Index, comes at 11th
- India is no longer among top 10 destinations for FDI in terms of its attractiveness according to AT Kearney FDI Confidence Index 2018
- India has slipped 3 positions down from 8th in 2017 in the AT Kearney’s FDI Confidence Index 2018
- In 2016, India ranked 9th in the FDI confidence index
What are the reasons for India’s fall in the FDI Confidence Index 2018 as per the report?
- As per the report, some policies, may have deterred investors — at least in the short term.
- This is a result of implementation challenges faced by the country post demonetisation and launch of Goods and Services Tax (GST),
What other important points of the FDI Confidence Report 2018?
- It talks about several of the reforms — such as removing the Foreign Investment Promotion Board and liberalising FDI limits in key sectors .
- Potential investors are likely to be cautious to invest in China and India as they are monitoring political risks such as China abolishing presidential term limits and the upcoming general election in India.
Who are top ranked countries in the FDI Confidence Report 2018?
- United States topped the FDI confidence index 2018
- Canada (2nd), Germany (3rd), UK(4th), China(5th)
- China also has fallen two spots in the rankings