Government Schemes Current Affairs January 2015
- Sukanya Samridhi Yojana under Beti Bachao Beti Padao campaign launched:
- It is a small deposit scheme for girl child under the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao (BBBP) campaign.
- Parents can open bank accounts of girls who are under 10 years of age.
- Sukanya Samridhi Accounts will get an interest rate of 9.1 percent and will provide income tax rebate.
- Sukanya Samridhi Accounts can be opened at any time from the birth of a girl child till she attains the age of 10 years.
- Minimum initial deposit of 1000 rupees.
- A maximum of 1.5 lakh rupees can be deposited in one financial year. The account can be opened in any Post office or commercial banks.
- The account will remain operative for 21 years from the date of opening of the account or marriage of the girl child after attaining 18 years of age.
- Partial withdrawal of 50 percent of the balance amount for higher Education will be allowed after the girl child has attended 18 years of age.
- Union Government launched National Heritage Development and Augmentation Yojana (HRIDAY):
- HRIDAY will work to preserve and rejuvenate the rich cultural heritage of the country.
- At present,, 12 heritage cities have been identified which will be rejuvenated and developed.
- Government will allocate 500 crore rupees to these 12 cities.
- The scheme provide facilities around the heritage sites to promote Tourism around these sites.
- These sites are:
Varanasi (Uttar Prdesh) Amritsar (Punjab) Warangal (Telangana) Ajmer (Rajasthan) Gaya (Bihar) Mathura (Uttar Pradesh Kanchipuram (Tamil Nadu) Vellankini (Tamil Nadu) Amaravati (Andhra Pradesh) Badami (Karnataka) Dwaraka (Gujarat) Puri (Orissa)
- Union Government launches Venture Capital Fund for Scheduled Castes:
The Venture Capital Fund for Scheduled Castes scheme is launched with an initial capital of 200 crore rupees. Under this scheme, financial assistance of 15 Crore rupees will be provided to 30 SC entrepreneurs in a year for a period of 6 years .
- Green Business Scheme for Scheduled Castes:Under Green Business Scheme , loan will be provided to SCs up to 1 lakh rupees at concessional rate of interest for activities such as e-rickshaw, Solar Pump and Solar energy powered implements, poly house etc.Green Business Scheme for providing financial assistance has been launched keeping in focus climate change.