Himachal Pradesh Current Affairs for HPAS-2019:
Himachal Pradesh Current Affairs is an important part of HPAS examination and other HPPSC exams. Questions related to the Himachal Pradesh Current Affairs are often asked in the HPAS General Studies paper both in Prelims as well as Mains. As the HPAS Prelims is around the corner, HP Current Affairs preparation has to be done well. As there is always a dearth of HP related Current Affairs, this post tries to collect all the important HP current events that took place in the last 6 months to 1 year so that the HPAS candidates can save their time searching for the HP Current Affairs.
All the students are requested to contribute to this post and add HP Current Affairs which you find missing. It will be collaborative effort and will only help in your preparation. Also keep Checking this page daily as regular HP Current events news items will be added and it is bound to grow.
Himachal Pradesh Current Affairs are useful for Himachal Pradesh State Exams like HPPSC HPAS, HPSSSB, Allied Services, Naib tehsildar, Drug Inspector, HP TET, Tehsil Welfare Officer, Himachal Patwari, HP Govt Teacher, KCC Bank, Himachal Cooperative bank and other exams
Himachal Pradesh Current Affairs News for HPAS-2018 and other HP govt exams:
Himachal’s Dr. Jagat Ram honoured with Padma Shree 2019
- Dr. Jagat Ram is the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGI), Chandigarh Director.
- Prof Jagat Ram who has served in the hospital for over 39 years, is being conferred the award in Medicine (Ophthalmology).
- Hailing from a Rajgarh in Sirmaur district in Himachal, he did his MBBS degree from Indira Gandhi Medical College, Shimla in 1978 and his MS in Ophthalmology from PGI.
Ajay Thakur Conferred With Padma Shri Award 2019
Indian Kabaddi Team Captain Ajay Thakur is felicitated with the prestigious and fourth highest civilian Padma Shri award.
He is the first male Kabaddi player to get Padma Shri award. Before Ajay Thakur Women’s Kabaddi player Sunil Dabas has got this award in 2014.
This is his biggest achievement for his contribution to Indian Kabaddi. Before this many Men Kabaddi players have been awarded the Arjuna Award.
But Ajay Thakur is the first Men’s Kabaddi player who will receive Padma Shri award.
Born on 1st May 1986, Ajay Thakur hails from a small village named Dabhota, of Nalagarh tehsil, Solan district of Himachal Pradesh
Padma Shri Award for Shimla’s Dr. Omesh Kumar Bharti
- Field epidemiologist Omesh Kumar Bharti from Himachal Pradesh, whose path-breaking research in rabies brought down the cost of treatment for dog bites globally, has been conferred the Padma Shri.
- A native of Kangra, Dr Bharti completed his MBBS from IGMC and is presently serving in Shimla, Himachal under the department of Health and Family Welfare as field epidemiologist.
Anurag Thakur awarded Sansad Ratna Award
- Bhartiya Janta Party’s Lok Sabha Member from Hamirpur in Himachal Pradesh, Anurag Thakur was presented the Sansad Ratna Award for his performance as a parliamentarian.
- The award was presented to Thakur by the Tamil Nadu Governor Banwarilal Purohit in Chennai.
- With the win he became the first MP from the BJP, besides being the only Member of Parliament from north India, to have been awarded the Jury Committee Special Award.
- The Sansad Ratna Awards was set up with the purpose of celebrating the performers of Indian Parliamentarians in 2010 upon the suggestion of former President A.P.J. Abdul Kalam.
- Sansad Ratna Award is a private award established in 2010 by the Prime Point Foundation and e-magazine PreSense to honour “top performing” Members of the Indian Parliament.
- Bhartruhari Mahtab, N. K. Premachandran, Anurag Thakur, Nishikant Dubey, Supriya Sule, Shrirang Barne, Rajiv Satav, Dhananjay Mahadik, Dr Heena Gavit, were honoured with Sansad Ratna Awards for their outstanding performance in 16th Lok Sabha.
- Rajni Patil and Rapolu Ananda Bhaskar were honoured with Sansad Ratna Awards under Rajya Sabha category.
- Dr Veerappa Moily, Chairman of Finance Committee received the Award on behalf of Finance Committee, which was selected as the outstanding committee under Parliamentary Standing Committee category
Shimla, Manali Among Six Towns To Get Air Connectivity In UDAN Scheme’s Second Phase
- Six towns of the state have been included in the Udan-II air connectivity scheme by the Central Government.
- The six towns that are set to get air connectivity in this phase are Baddi, Shimla, Rampur, Nathpa Jhakri, Kanganidhar and Manali.
- UDAN (Ude Desh ka Aam Nagrik) is a regional airport development and air connectivity scheme initiated by the government of India to make flying affordable for common people of the country.
- Under this scheme, regional under-served airports will be connected to key airports of the country. The cost of the flight tickets has been set at Rs 2,500 per hour of the flight. The government, in turn, provides subsidy to the airlines to provide flight services at this cost.With Airport Authority of India to develop the infrastructure of the airports, air connectivity to these cities will give a huge boost to tourism in Himachal.
Nishtha Jaswal appointed as the Vice-Chancellor of Himachal Law University
- Himachal Pradesh High Court Chief Justice, Surya Kant has appointed Prof Nishtha Jaswal as the Vice Chancellor of Himachal Pradesh National Law University.
- Ms Jaswal who is the professor of Law at Punjab University, Chandigarh is appointed as VC of Himachal Pradesh National Law University, Shimla at Ghandal for a period of 5 yrs.
- She is the first lady Vice Chancellor selected from Panjab University and 1st Husband and Wife VC , as her husband is the VC of NLU, Patiala.
Himachal Pradesh adjudged as the 8th Best state Economy-wise in India Today’s State of the States 2018 Rankings
- Top 3 economies: Maharashtra, Gujarat, Karnataka
- Last year, HP was ranked on 5th place in Economy parameter.
- On Education parameter, HP ranked first.
- On Agriculture parameter, HP ranked 14th.
- On Health parameter, HP ranked 3rd.
- On Infrastructure parameter, HP ranked 6th.
- On Tourism parameter, HP ranked last (20th). it ranked 2nd in Tourism in 2017 rankings.
- On Environment parameter, HP ranked 2nd.
- On Cleanliness parameter, HP ranked 5th.
- On Law and Order parameter, HP ranked 10th
ADB, India Sign $105 Million Loan to Support Hydropower Transmission in Himachal Pradesh
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the Government of India has signed a $105 million loan to continue financing the transmission system upgrades in Himachal Pradesh for increased supply of hydropower to the state and the national grid.
- The tranche 3 loan is part of the $350 million
multitranchefinancing facility (MFF) for Himachal Pradesh Clean Energy Transmission Investment Program approved by ADB in September 2011.
- The program is aimed at developing and expanding the transmission network to evacuate clean and renewable power generated from the state’s hydropower sources to load
centerswithin and outside the state.
- It is also supporting the institutional capacity development of the state transmission utility, Himachal Pradesh Power Transmission Corporation Limited (HPPTCL), as the executing agency for this project.
Sikander Kumar is the new VC of HPU
- He is the 26th Vice-chancellor of HPU.
- Hailing from Hamirpur district of Himachal Pradesh, Sikander kumar’s name was approved by the search committee.
Sushma Devi is the first-beneficiary of Ayushman Yojna in Himachal-Pradesh
- Sushma Devi, a resident of Rajgarh in Sirmaur district.
- Himachal Governor Acharya Devvrat and Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur on Sunday had jointly launched the ‘Ayushman Bharat – Pradhan Mantri Jan Aarogya Yojana’ in the state on 23rd Sep 2018.
- The scheme was launched at the national level by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Ranchi in Jharkhand.
- The scheme will benefit 22 lakh people in the hill state. A total of 175 hospitals in Himachal have been registered under the scheme.
- Apart from 1800 different diseases, day care surgery has also been covered under the Scheme.
- The state is also implementing the Mukhiya Mantri State Healthcare Scheme, under which over 1.05 lakh families have been covered
20-million-year-old tree fossil discovered in Kasauli
- Recently in Solan district of Himachal Pradesh, 20 million years old tree fossil was discovered.
- A 20-million-year-old fossil tree, which is 55-foot in length was discovered in Kasauli.
- This is the longest preserved fossil tree trunk found in the Himalayas till date.
- In 1988, a 15-foot fossil tree was found in Jagjitnagar of Solan district.
Shimla ranks 144 in Swachhata Survekshan 2018 rankings
- Indore in Madhya Pradesh has been declared the cleanest city in India. Madhya Pradesh’s capital Bhopal ranked as India’s second cleanest city for two years in a row. Chandigarh is the third cleanest city.
- Ghaziabad in Uttar Pradesh found a special mention as the fastest moving big city for improving its Rank to 36 from Rank 351 in 2017.
- Jharkhand has been declared the best-performing state, followed by Maharashtra, in this year’s Swachh Survekshan.
- Cleanest State Capital: Greater Mumbai
- Cleanest City (Population >10 lakh): Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh
- Cleanest City (Population 3-10 lakh): Mysuru, Karnataka
- Cleanest City (Population 1-3 lakh): NDMC (New Delhi Municipal Council)
World Bank approved the Rs 325-crore drinking water scheme for Shimla
- A World Bank (WB) team that visited Shimla from September 4 to 8 has approved the detailed project report (DPR) of the Rs 325-crore drinking water scheme to draw water from the Satluj Shimla, which is also a major tourist destination.
- It is estimated that by 2050 Shimla would require 107 million litre water per day (MLD), while at present it needs only 40 MLD water.
- Water would be lifted from the river at Shakrodi near Sunni in Shimla district and 70 MLD water would be supplied daily.
- Around Rs 325 crore would be spent on drawing water from the Satluj to Shimla town and supplied to residential areas adjoining Shimla planning area.
PGIMER Chandigarh’s Satellite centre starts in UNA
- The Satellite Centre of the PGI, Chandigarh, finally became functional temporarily at the Una District Hospital.
- It was announced on June 3, 2017, by Union Health Minister JP Nadda.
- The Rs 320-crore centre will have 300 beds, while 125 specialist doctors will be posted here.
Rs 50 crore ADB project to boost tourism in Mandi
- In a bid to boost tourism Mandi District, the HP state government has submitted a tourism development project of Rs 50 Crore to the Asian Development Bank for funding.
- Under this project, a lake and other basic tourism infrastructure would be developed to take Mandi town on the world tourist map.
- A helipad would also be constructed at Kangnidhar in order to provide heli-taxi facility to the region.
HP Mukhyamantri Alpsankhyak Kalyan Yojana 2018
Marriage Grant to Muslim Girls (Rs. 25,000) – The state govt. is going to provide Rs. 25000 as marriage assistance for the girls belonging to the poor Muslim families.
Medical Treatment to Poor Muslim Families (Rs. 5,000) – HP govt. will provide financial assistance of Rs. 5000 for medical treatment of any poor Muslim family.
Social Security Pension to Old, Widow and Disabled Muslims (Rs. 400 p.m) – The state govt. will provide Rs. 400 per month as social security pension to old, widow and disabled people from Muslim community.
Products from Amazon.in
Also, The cabinet committee has decided that the age limit for Social Security Pension is now 70 years (previously 80 years). This decision has benefited around 1.3 lakh Old Age citizens.
The state govt. is going to provide necessary facilities for Muslim Graveyard – Kabristan. HP govt. will allocate land to the Waqf Board to build new burial places where Muslims can be buried after their deaths
Yuva Aajeevika Yojana for Self Employment
- Under this scheme, govt. will provide an interest subsidy of 5% on Loans upto Rs. 30 Lakh to unemployed youths.
- This scheme will focus on job creation and will provide employment opportunities to berojgar youths.
- All the jobless candidates can avail this loan amount for any work of their choice.
- In this Youth Livelihood Mission, any entrepreneur will get 5% interest subsidy for 3 years on an investment upto Rs. 30 lakhs.
- For this purpose, govt. has allocated a budget of Rs. 75 crore.
- This scheme is applicable for all unemployed youths b/w age group of 18 to 35 years.
New NDRF Battalion approved for Himachal
- Union Cabinet Clears 4 New NDRF Battalions for J-K, Himachal, Uttarakhand, Delhi-NCR.
- The cabinet has given the approval for raising of four additional battalions of NDRF to strengthen India’s disaster response set up at an estimated cost of Rs 637 crore.
- The NDRF has 12 operational battalions at present. It is a specialised force that was raised in 2006 for specific tasks of relief and rescue during natural and man-made disasters or threatening situations.
- The operational battalions are located in Assam, West Bengal, Odisha, Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra, Gujarat, Punjab, NCR (Ghaziabad), Bihar, Arunachal Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh and Andhra Pradesh.
Professor Sikander Kumar appointed the VC of HPU
- He is the 26th Vice-chancellor of HPU.
- Hailing from Hamirpur district of Himachal Pradesh, Sikander kumar’s name was approved by the search committee.
Himachal Pradesh launches Prakartik Kheti-Khushal Kisan scheme
- This scheme aims to promote
underzero budget farming in the State.
- Under this scheme, training and workshops are being organized to make farmers aware
aboutnatural farming. To make the input for natural farming, farmers will be given 75 percentsubsidy on drums. In addition to this, a provision of assistance uptoRs 50,000 has been made for openingof natural resource stores in each village for the supply of inputs in natural farming.
- The State Government has made a provision of Rs 25 crore for this scheme during
- The State Government is also giving emphasis on crop diversification to increase the income of farmers in the state. Presently JICA Crop Diversification Scheme is being implemented in five districts of the State at a cost of Rs 300 crores.
- Agriculture and allied sectors have significant contribution
inthe economy of Himachal Pradesh. This sector contributes about 10 percentin the State’s Gross Domestic Product.
- The agriculture activities are being carried in 5.42 lakh hectare area in
the state. Vegetable cultivation was carried in 78.680 hectarearea in the State in 2017-18, which resulted in 16,91,564 metric tons production. A budget of Rs 688 crores has been allocated for agriculture in the year 2018-19.
- The State Government has also started
StateAgricultural Mechanization Programme to provide the agricultural machinery at subsidizedrate to farmers.
Himachal Pradesh topped the Sustainable Development Goals index 2018
- On 21st Dec 2018, the NITI Aayog published a first-of-its-kind Sustainable Development Goals index for Indian states.
- As per the SDG Index, Himachal Pradesh, Kerala, and Tamil Nadu have been ranked on top 3 positions and are on track to meet the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDG).
- The states of Kerala and Himachal Pradesh have been called as the front-runners in the SDG Index. Both the state topped the ranking with a score of 69.
- Chandigarh got the score of 68 and has been declared as the front runner in the SDG Index among the Union Territories.
- Tamil Nadu scored 66 points in the rankings.
- Bottom 3 states in the Sustainable Development Goals index 2018: Assam, Bihar and Uttar Pradesh.
Himachal Pradesh becomes the first Indian state to launch a single emergency number
- The single emergency number will connect to police, fire, health and other helplines through an Emergency Response Centre (ERC) in the state.
- ‘112’ is the single emergency number.
- It was launched by Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh under the Emergency Response Support System (ERSS).
- The state has established an ERC in Shimla along with 12 District Command Centres (DCCs) covering the entire state for this purpose.’
- The Emergency Response Centre (ERC) has been integrated with police (100), fire (101), health (108) and women helpline (1090) services to provide emergency services via single emergency number 112.
- The Justice Verma Committee in 2018 had suggested for the implementation of the ‘Emergency Response Support System’ (ERSS) across India.
Himachal Pradesh among best performing states under PMMVY
- Andhra Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh have been declared as the best performing states under maternity benefit programme PMMVY.
- On December 21, 2018, the Ministry of Women and Child Development published the report on the performance of states and UTs under the maternity benefit programme named Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana.
- As per the report, 51.70 lakh beneficiaries are covered annually under the PMMVY.
Products from Amazon.in‹ ›
Union government and ADB signed $105 Million Loan to Support Hydropower Transmission in Himachal Pradesh
- On November 16, 2018, the Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the Union Government signed a $105 million loan to continue financing the transmission system upgrades in Himachal Pradesh.
- This was the tranche 3 loan of the $350 million multi-tranche financing facility (MFF) under the Himachal Pradesh Clean Energy Transmission Investment Program which was approved in September 2011 by Asian Development Bank (ADB)
- This loan would help in increased supply of hydropower to the state and the national grid and supports the institutional capacity development of the state transmission utility.
- Executing agency: Himachal Pradesh Power Transmission Corporation Limited (HPPTCL).
- The credit will have a 25-year term, including a grace period of 5 years.
Justice Surya Kant has become the new Chief Justice of Himachal Pradesh High Court
- Justice Surya Kant was appointed as the Chief Justice of Himachal Pradesh High Court on 3rd October 2018.
- Justice Surya Kant was a judge in the Punjab and Haryana High Court.
- Note: The post of Chief Justice in HP High Court was lying vacant since April 2017.
- He is the 23rd Chief Justice of Himachal Pradesh High Court.
26th Conference of Central and State Statistical Organization (COCSSO) held at Dharamshala
- 26th Conference of Central and States Statistical Organizations was held at Dharamshala in Himachal Pradesh on November 15, 2018.
- The conference was organized by Union Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation took place for 2 days on 15th and 16th November.
- Theme: “Quality Assurance in Official Statistics”.
- It was inaugurated by Union Minister Vijay Goel along with Himachal Pradesh food, civil supplies and consumer affair minister Kishan Kapoor.
HP cabinet allots the 780 MW Jangi-Thopan-Powari Hydro Electric Project to SJVN
- Jangi-Thopan-Powari Hydro Electric Project is in Kinnaur district over Satluj river.
- The project was allotted to Brakel in 2006, but it was cancelled in 2009, as the company had failed to pay the upfront premium.
- Reliance had sought the project on the ground that it was the second highest bidder after Brakel.
- Also, the capacity of the project has been reduced to 780 MW from 960 MW
‘Swasthya Mein Sahbhagita Yojna’ launched
- Under this scheme, 25 per cent capital subsidy up to investment of Rs 1 crore in building, machinery and equipment will be provided to any individual, firm, company, trust or society to establish a private allopathic hospital in the prescribed area as per established standards.
- Also, under the scheme, 5 per cent interest subsidy would be given for three years on maximum loan of Rs 75 lakh.
- It seeks to ensure improved access and affordability of quality healthcare services in rural areas of Himachal Pradesh
All India Police Science Congress held In Shimla
- All India Police Science Congress was held in Shimla on 22nd March 2018 for 2 days.
- It was organised by the Himachal Pradesh Police Department and The Bureau of Police Research and Development.
- It was the 42nd edition of the conference.
- It was inaugurated by Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur.
Himachal Pradesh cabinet approves setting up of medicinal plant board centre
- On 5th March, 2018, HP government approved the setting up of a regional- cum-facilitation centre of the National Medicinal Plants Board of the Ministry of Ayush.
- This centre will be set up in Jogindernagar town in Mandi district of Himachal Pradesh.
- A budget of Rs. 748.30 lakh has been allocated for setting up this centre, wherein the central government would provide a grant of Rs 149.60 lakh.
Share the ‘Himachal Pradesh (HP) Current Affairs 2019 – Part 3’ with your friends.
You can also Download HP GK on Android App. Click Here to Download Current Affairs Quiz Android App
Post your Queries/Suggestions/Corrections below.